The health and safety of our guests and staff is always our top priority.
To ensure a clean and safe stay, the first hotel in Japan to be awarded for "Cleaning and Disinfection Monitoring Verification Service” launched by SGS worldwide. SGS is the world`s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
It cerifies that the infection prevention measures implemented at Hotel Nikko Narita comply with the latest guidelines recognized internationally by the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and other relevant organizations, and that they are being maintained at an appropriate level.
"NEW-NORMAL" Cleaning & Disinfection Protocols
- ・The use of face coverings (Mask) is required in all public areas.
- ・Please maintain the physical distancing at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with you.
- ・Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizers are available in restrooms, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator halls, and other public areas at the hotel.
- ・Guest temperature checks are required by local government.
- ・Government-issued photo identification required at check-in.
More frequent cleaning and disinfection based on level of use including, Surfaces frequently touched by multiple people, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, vending machines, room keys, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
Particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. All high touch surfaces in the room are cleaned and disinfected with approved products, including any items that may have been used or touched by guest prior to the next occupant.
- ・Sheets, towels, and other linen are washed at warmest water setting.
- ・Housekeeping staffs use appropriate personal protection items, training, and hand hygiene to ensure the safety.
- ・Unnecessary items, amenities and mini-bar are removed from guest rooms.
- ・Housekeeping will not enter the guest room during a stay unless requested by the guest.
- ・Button panels and handrails are disinfected at regular intervals, including the beginning of each housekeeping staff work shift and continuing throughout the day.
- ・Hand sanitizer is available at elevators.
Food & Beverage
- ・Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of food contact surfaces and utensils, table linens as well as shared objects and removal of unused items on tables before and after guest use.
- ・Use of hand sanitizer, mask and gloves(provided at restaurant) at self-service food areas.
- ・To ensure safe dining, seating capacity restrictions are implemented and tables are spaced appropriately for physical distancing between parties.
Hotel Front Desk, Concierge, and Restaurant
- ・Protective shield between staff and guests in main contact areas.
- ・Staff use hand sanitizer after exchanging objects, such as room keys, money, credit cards, etc. with guest.
- ・Express check-out is recommended to minimize the close contacts.
- ・Ventilation system is checked and monitored at regular intervals.
- ・The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning is increased to maximize fresh air exchange.
Meeting and Events
Meetings, conventions and all other events are aligned with local government recommendations, including physical distancing, use of face coverings, contactless service offerings, cleaning and disinfecting guidelines, modified layouts and limited seating capacity.
Back of the House
- ・The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all high traffic back of house areas at least twice per day, with an emphasis on employee dining rooms, locker rooms, restrooms and kitchens.
- ・Hand washing stations and access to hand sanitizer are available at all key points.
- ・Shared tools and equipments are disinfected after each shift or transfer to a new employee.
- ・Employees are trained on COVID-19 and all guest protocols and procedures.
- ・Employees have been trained on proper hand cleaning practices and follow guidelines.
- ・Employees wear appropriate PPE in accordance with local regulations and are trained on proper use and disposal of PPE.
- ・Employees are required to check their temperature, including daily attestation, prior to their shift and not come to work if feeling sick.
- ・Staff meetings are conducted with appropriate physical distancing.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, recognized as providing the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Please scan the QR code, for more details on disinfection monitoring service verification:
SGS DISINFECTION MONITORED Cleaning Checked (0.6 MB)